High Pressure Processing is a non-thermal, environmentally friendly process that allows the development of juices and beverages with fresh-like organoleptic quality and nutrition, while extending the shelf life of the product.
High Pressure Processing main advantages are:
- HPP is a great option for keeping fresh flavor of juices and smoothies. This non-thermal process keeps original fruit/vegetable taste and color, allowing the creation of the highest quality premium range of products. The real taste of a freshly squeezed juice.
- Juice products where flavor and nutritional values are seriously compromised by heat treatment, can now be High Pressure Processed. Ie: Pomegranate, apple, carrot, broccoli, beetroot, etc.
- Nutritional and functional properties of the product remain intact. One of the main trends that is making HPP successful is the development of natural, organic, preservative free, and functional products. HPP as a non-thermal and delicate post-packaging lethality intervention, allows development of healthier food: rich in vitamins, anti-oxidants and thermosensitive antimutagenic components, bringing a higher level of functionality to new products.
For more information please download HPP 果汁飲品 pdf
High Pressure Processing customers:
- Jordan, S.L.; Pascual, C.; Bracey, E. & Mackey, B.M. Inactivation and injury of pressure-resistant strains of Escherichia coli O157 and Listeria monocytogenes in fruit juices. Journal of Applied Microbiology 2001, 91(3), 463–469.
- Bull, M. K.; Zerdin, K.; Howe, E.; Goicoechea, D.; Paramanandhan, P.; Stockman, R.; Sellahewa, Jay.; Szabo, E.A.; Johnson, R.L.; Stewart, C.M. The effect of high pressure processing on the microbial, physical and chemical properties of Valencia and Navel orange juice. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies 5, 2004, 135–149.